The Second Blog

Thoughts that linger in the mind of a Singaporean teen.
By Kelvin Choo
kvc_king@hotmail.com

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

wood? ahhaha, yeap. wood.

whao.. never knew the type of wood would affect the sound of it. i mean, it's just so amazing how much difference it makes. and i have to admit, i really thank God for preventing me from buying the Fender J-bass or the Epi Thunderbird IV man. both have Rosewood fretboards, just like Bassie. sorry Bassie, but it's just that, when i first tried a maple fretboard on Fairoz's Marcus Miller signature, it called out to me. it sounded so rich and bright. unlike your mellow and creamy sound. i hate to tell it to you, but that ain't my type of sound. i mean, the bright 'twangy' slap of each note. Breathless. i'm not saying that your sound isn't nice, but it just doesn't suit me ya'know? i feel like a two-timer now. i'm really sorry Bassie:( keep in mind that you'll always be my baby. my first love. you brought me up from the dumpsters to my first performance infront of a live audience. and you did me proud. i'll never sell you away. i'll show you to my children, and they'll know how you changed my life. how you taught me to slap, to do scales, everything.

But anyway, i'm gonna work, and save up to get me-self a fender with a maple fingerboard, and i'm gonna love it. i'm gonna serve God with it, and i'm gonna make him proud. i just can't wait:D:D:D

i still can't sleep! and there's school later! argh!!

Free Blog Counter