The Second Blog

Thoughts that linger in the mind of a Singaporean teen.
By Kelvin Choo
kvc_king@hotmail.com

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

-WARNING-
-LONG BLOGPOST AHEAD-


Recounting back at how my life flew by the past 18 years made me really proud of where i am now. I know i'm not an RJC graduate or a child prodigy, but life isn't all about brain power or fortune - to me at least.

I was thinking one night and i started to question myself why i wasn't born like those kids, those with a fat wallet, nice cars, huge house, latest MP3 players, etc. i hated my life at the point of time. But i thought of how my family would spend time together on Sundays, go on picnics, joke around with each other, and it came to me that my family is what life is all about. I mean, yea, friends are great and all, but behind your every move, is your family supporting you or guiding you. Sure it sucks when they shout at you for playing too much computer games, but who does it benefit? money aside, you of course.

I tried thinking of how life would turn out if i were born Richie Rich.
  • Many girlfriends
  • Latest Apple products
  • Own car
  • Frequent the most happening clubs
then later i thought..
  • Always out with my girlfriend(s) who love(s) my expensive Audi TT more than me
  • Parents forever playing golf
  • Sister forever doing her own things
  • Friends who are always by your side, waiting for a treat or recognition.
Dont know bout you, but that doesn't really sound happy to me.

I mean i'm not saying people who are wealthy can't live happy lives, it really depends on how you look at it, and as for me, spending the little money i have for a loved one has never been more meaningful.

Hope you find happiness in your life!

Free Blog Counter