The Second Blog

Thoughts that linger in the mind of a Singaporean teen.
By Kelvin Choo
kvc_king@hotmail.com

Friday, April 30, 2010

I still remember the day I got my posting to Singapore Poly back in late 2007 (or early 2008) after graduating from secondary school. My close friends and I were talking about how quickly time whizzed by us. That's it, secondary school's over, we've completed 4 hard years to obtain our O'levels qualification, We've already reached the peak of our uniform days. Just like that, a significant phase of a Singaporean's life is over.

Then we went on to talk about moving on. We questioned ourselves about how we were going to get thru all 3 painful years of this new environment known as "Poly". All the anticipation of 'not wearing a uniform to school anymore', and 'getting your own personal laptop' died out suddenly. Guess we really weren't ready for this transition yet. Indeed, the first day of poly was hell..

The 2nd week of my final year just ended and things are slowly improving in class. Now here I am, looking back at how I doubted my abilities of getting thru these obstacles in a journey we call life. I can very well see NS straight ahead, and working life too. Of course i'm worried, but I know I'm not going thru them alone. God's always with me and clearing the path for me to pass thru. Seriously, whom then shall I fear?


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6

Free Blog Counter